The mosquito problem is a common issue in the house, especially in summer. In the next few minutes, you will get ideas, on how to get rid of mosquitoes inside the house. Anyway, before solving the problem, let’s learn new things about the mosquito, The word “Mosquitoe” is Spanish for “little fly”. Mosquitoes constitute a group of about 3500 small insects that fly.
Within Diptera, they comprise the family of Culicidae. The females have bloodsucking habits. They are known to transmit serious diseases, including yellow fever, Zika fever, dengue, malaria, and filariasis. The mosquitos are active from dusk to dawn, but especially in the early morning and evening.
When the mosquitoes are crowding your home, members of your family are getting sick, you are tired of swatting them and hunting for a permanent solution to this problem then this article is mainly designed for you aiming to give you tips and tricks on how to save your family from this annoying little bloodsucking mosquitoes efficiently.
These effective remedies can help stop mosquitoes from invading your home, and you can use them to keep pesky mosquitoes away.
Table of Content
- How do get rid of mosquitoes inside the house?
How do get rid of mosquitoes inside the house?
First and foremost is to block the entry points so that you can prevent them from the entrance. For this, you have to check out the seals around the doors and windows and make sure there are not any cracks in the doors or holes in the window screens.
The proper function of your screens is very important because mosquitoes are fond of carbon dioxide, and they are able to find the holes and gaps where the air is coming through.
Once the gaps and holes are identified and sealed then you can use a Mosquitoes Trap to eliminate those that are already inside your house. The mosquito’s trap emits light that attracts them and pushes them to enter the trap and after that it kills them.
Using an Ultrasonic Insect Repeller is also a solution to get rid of these pesky mosquitoes. It radiates a post a frequency that bugs are bugs that do not dare to come inside your house. But the good thing is that this noise doesn’t harm human
Some of the Natural Insecticide that can give you a mosquito-free house to avoid contact with chemicals are:
Tulsi performs a helpful role in killing mosquito larvae and keeping them away. Not only prevent mosquitoes but it is a widely-applicable hard. By planting a tulsi shrub you can simply prevent them from entering the house. It is also useful in treating mosquito bites by applying directly to the bite area.
Having a strong pungent smell garlic is an effective mosquito repellent. It also contains mosquito larvicidal properties. Simply plating garlic outside your windows and doors can stop them from coming near this area. Or you can crush a few garlic cloves and boil them in water for some time, then pour them into a spray bottle and spray it around your house to stay mosquitoes-free.
As we already know that mosquitoes are attracted by carbon dioxide and dry ice emits carbon dioxide then it can be helpful to put out the mosquitoes away from home. All you have to do is place some dry ice in a container and keep that in a corner of the room. As it attracts mosquitoes, after a while, you will find many of them in the container then you can close the lid.
The odor of the camphor which comes from the camphor lateral tree is a natural mosquito repellent. Purchase a camphor tablet and crush it in water, and put it in dark corners to deter mosquitoes. Inside this, you can make a camphor oil spray to use in damp and dark areas.
Tea tree oil
Another effective indoor mosquito repellent is tree tea oil. Making a spray from tea tree oil mixed with water and using it in the most attractive mosquitoes area such as doors, windows, under the sink, under furniture and other dark areas prevents mosquitoes to enter your house.
Neem and Lavender oil
Neem and lavender oil is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and also anti-viral. They are more effective than any chemical, coils, or vaporizers. You can combine them in equal measure before applying them to your skin.
Lemon and Cloves
The best easy way to keep mosquitoes flying away from your home is to slice a lemon and insert some cloves in it. This formula is also shared by Bollywood star Akshay Kumar on his Instagram account.
Yes, you are hearing about Johnson’s baby creamy oil. You will be amazed to know that this lovely smelling cream can also keep mosquitoes away from your skin. So, next time after going to the market, don’t forget to purchase one.
Planting a tree is good for our environment. But if you plant a tree to keep healthy nature and a healthy, mosquitoes-free home then it will be wonderful. A few of the most common mosquitoes repellent plants are:
- Lemon Balm
You can place them outside your house or in window boxes or near doors to keep the mosquitoes away from your home.
Use Chemical Insecticide
Mosquitoes like to hide in dark humid places such as, under the sink, in closets, under the furniture, in the laundry room, and many other places. Be sure to treat these areas well. Take proper safety measures while applying a chemical inside your home. Steps to follow when applying chemical insecticides:
- First of all, take children and pets outside the work where you are mixing and applying the pesticides
- Secondly, be sure that you are wearing proper clothes that will prevent the chemicals from contacting your skin
- Mix the chemicals in a well-ventilated area to avoid breathing any harmful fumes. If possible, mix them outside. Prepare according to your need mixing the right amount of pesticides
- You should take the necessary preparation for a medical accident. Read the direction appropriately to avoid it. If the chemicals spill, prepared for cleanup
- Make sure that the chemicals do not touch any of your personal items.
- After spraying properly, ventilate the area to avoid any harm
- Finally, wash your hands thoroughly after applying the chemicals before touching anything else.
What to do to keep mosquitoes, away from your skin?
After taking all the prevention, if one or some of them comes inside anyhow then what to do to keep them away from biting?
Here we have some tips to follow:
- A mosquito swatter can be a solution. Slap them with it to kill them
- You can use insect repellent on uncovered skin surfaces and on your clothing to avoid getting bitten.
- Using an oil-based repellent can be a safe and easy solution. There are many natural solutions like Citronella oil, Cinnamon oil, Tea tree oil, Castor oil, etc to keep mosquitoes away.
- You can wear loose, full-sleeved, full-coverage clothing to protect your skin from mosquitoes when you are outside.
- Avoid wearing heavy, dark clothing in warm weather. Mosquitoes are attracted to warm bodies so staying cool is an effective solution to avoid bites
- Don’t wear scent when outside during mosquito season. The act of sweating is more attractive than to sweat, of mosquitoes such as perfume.
- Using mosquito nets to protect yourself at night can save you from being bitten and many diseases.
- Another easy trick is to stay indoors when the mosquitoes are most active outside, mainly in the early morning and evening.
What about the outside?
Once you solve the indoor mosquito problems then it’s time to check outside your house. Because it is necessary to solve both inside and outside to stay healthy and diseases free. Make sure that you are not creating a beneficial yard for mosquitoes to live and lay their eggs. Do the following things to stop them permanently:
- Eliminate the standing water in puddles, and potholes, near your house
- Make sure that water landscape features have fresh, moving water in them
- When it is not raining, clean the gutters to stay dry
- Look for pool water from the old tires, buckets, and trees with holes in them
- Spray the yard regularly after a few days
- Put a dish of soapy water outside because it attracts the mosquitoes, and they get trapped in the soap bubbles and drown
- Place yellow LEDs, big lights, or sodium lights to keep them away from hanging around
The Final Verdict
Mosquitoes can cause serious health diseases to you and your loved ones. So, eliminating them from your home is very much important. With the given tips and tricks you can be risk-free and run your life stress-free, in addition, your home will be mosquitoes-free.
Though you have followed the proper steps, make sure that you maintain this routine otherwise mosquitoes will frustrate you again and again.