Sweet potato are not only a source of a desert item, but these can be crunchy and tasteful fries with air fryer. But the good news is that for those who did not try, you can follow this article on how to make sweet potato fries in air fryer. Like others, you also love sweet potatoes for their nutritious and delicious quality. And frying them with air fryer is easy, faster, and perfectly crispy.
As this fry is making you with air fryer, it needs less oil for utmost crispy for outer and tender inner. So if you want to make a new recipe that is delicious, tasty, and healthy with air fryer choose this your family loves this to eat.
To remind you about their benefits on health we want to say these contain vitamin A, anti-inflammatory activities, antimicrobial properties, and more to prevent various serious diseases.
The truth is most people won’t try this in their kitchen because of messy and hassle of frying with conventional cooking appliances, but when you try this with your fries it would be a regular recipe for your movie or game day or casual guest vising evening.
We make our guidelines with a very easy direction that won’t make it hard to understand and follow of how to make sweet potato fries in air fryer.
How to cut sweet potato fries?
Among all the tricks to make your sweet potato fries evenly cooked and excellently crispy is to cut the potato thin as much as possible and keep their medium size. Remember one thing, these potatoes will shrink when cooked, to keep the standard length.
While thickness is ¼ inch or ½ like sweet potato. You can cut them in different sizes to fit your cooking basket. But the consistent sizing of them makes goof fries. Before cutting them per your preference, thick and length peel the sweet potatoes.
Is air fryer require oil to cook this recipe?
No. Because of having super hot air circulation, it did not need to produce crispy fries. But if you want to add, you can not more than 1/2 tablespoon. You can use any cooking oil you like, and which flavor you like most. While avocado, canola, or olive oil can be good options to consider.
Is this making is healthy?
We have already mentioned that air fryer cooks with hot air circulation methods except deep-frying. It is capable to dip down the extra calories without sacrificing taste. So cooking food with air fryer is better than submersing oil food.
Can preheat make sweet potato fries more crispy?
Nothing like that. But it helps to get you the best result in cooking faster. You can use this 3-5 minus to arrange your seasoning. Though this step is not a hard and fast rule, while it takes more than 2-3 minutes to complete the cook.
How to cook air fryer sweet potato fries?
To cook delicious sweet potato fries, follow the how to cook air fryer sweet potato fries simple step and get well-made crunchy food that you even think of before. Go for it:
- Use a sharp knife and flat chopping board to make slice consistency to protect overcook or cook in air fryer.
- Try to preheat your unit for 3-5 minutes at a high temperature if you have enough time to do. While your unit manufacturer did not recommend doing this, but a good step to cook firstly and accurately in air fryer.
- Place the cutting sweet potatoes on the cooking basket into your air fryer. Do not overlap by throwing them directly, as this provides you with unevenly cooked food.
- Set high or medium temperature and adjust the time depending on the temperature. Get cooking these for halfway.
- Shake the basket after removing this from the main unit. It is an important step to cook your sweet potato fry thoroughly outer and inner.
- Add seasoning like salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and more according to your preference. If you want to add a small amount of oil, you can add thin time. It would be best to spread them with your hands to get the best flavor of them.
- Replace the basket on your main unit of the cooking machine and continue cooking for the rest of the minutes.
So, isn’t it very much easy?
How long time takes to cook sweet potato fries in an air fryer?
The answer to this question depends on the air cooking power capacity which comes different from size, model, and brands, which counts by watts of those units to provide the temperature. If you want to cook medium with 1700W or 1500W,
it takes 7-10 minutes. While for 900w it takes 12 to 14 minutes to come out perfectly made 360F. On the contrary, with high heat 390 or 400 F, it takes only 10 minutes.
What to serve with sweet potato fries?
Whether it is any kind of salad such as authentic Greek salad, roasted cauliflower, and others while baked chicken breast, ultra backed chicken nugget, slow cooker vegetarian chili, and other soup. You can serve them with dipping in ketchup and sauce.
Is it necessary to soak sweet potato for fries?
Not exactly. Some of you think, like normal potato French fries, it could be helpful to cook with other cooking appliances. But in the air fryer, you need not do this to eat the best sweet potato fries. This is the magical unit to make a great snack for you and your guest to dip with ketchup or sauce.
How can you season sweet potato fries in an air fryer?
Like other frying recipes, you also get several seasoning options for your sweet potato fries more delicious. While a sprinkling of salt is necessary to make it simple and tasteful. The spraying oil is not necessary, but seems more crispy and mouth water. Most people choose avocado or olive, pick your favorite one.
One more thing should say before leaving this topic, spraying oil even before adding any seasoning will be the best step if you really like to spray little oil. Try to use a hand or a medium-size spoon to mix them perfectly to toss the fries, not only shake.
How to cook frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer?
Cooking fresh and frozen sweet potato fries are the same with preheating, cutting, placing into a basket, halfway cooking setting, adding seasoning, and shaking. But When you are cooking frozen sweet potatoes, you should add more 3to5 minutes in the cooking time.
Top tips for making air fryer sweet potato fries?
We make a good reshare on this recipe and found these are really effective to get the best sweet potato fries. Have a fast look over them:
- You should cut the potatoes thicker and smaller size to evenly cook
- Preheat your air fryer to ensure the best result.
- Cook with high temperature
- Lay down the slice of potatoes in a single layer
- Set them with halfway cooking
- Flip or shake after halfway to cook evenly
- Picked seasons to make more flavorful
- If you make batches, chose less time for the next of them
So, you are more experienced with our tips and instruction on how to make sweet potato fries in air fryer. When you are busy with your game or movie, this tasteful serving bowl is bought tons of fun with them, which is healthy and delicious.
Now what are you thinking, is there any methods of making sweet potato fries easy and faster than air fryer? We are confirming that you will find any simple and easiest way to cook than air fryer. These are always delicious and crispier than ever, made around of you.
While sweet potatoes are such yum and nice crisp with great flavor, you should try this time with your air fryer!