Last updated on August 17th, 2022 at 08:24 am
While an air fryer produces a thousand of mouthwatering recipes and being a headache with its stubborn grease spot and residue of food in bad condition reminds the great solution of how to clean air fryer. When we found this question among the most frequent question, we made a mind to provide your best solution which makes your air fryer using experience brighten.
Undoubtedly it will be great fun when you can clean them with those things which always have beside your hand. And we are here to provide novel and fastest ways which mostly are unknown to you and which save your time and effort which you budget for cleaning this appliance whether after 7 days or less according to your adjusted routine.
So, no more waiting and wasting time to lengthen the discussion, we are straightforwardly going to learn you several tips, and solutions of how to clean an air fryer.
What are the signs indicate your air fryer need cleaning?
When it will be very hard to manage the regular cleaning time of your air fryer, you need to notice several oddities which provide an indication to clean your magical appliance urgently. These are
- If your cooking item always gets stuck on its non-stick basket base itself, a sign for cleaning the air fryer, as you might have clear knowledge that a non-stick coated cooking basket is specially made for smooth food releasing.
- A food item you cooked several times with this unit but this time it offers like other food like the taste as funky, this also indicates your cooking appliance needs immediate cleaning.
- Sometimes because of consistent heating grease burning is quite common which may have a reason for coming out smoke from your air fryer as a fire signal which is another serious indication for cleaning. And don’t think it is occurring from you have cooked bacon as really fatty food, even this happening for using of too much oil for previous cooking.
What should you avoid when you are cleaning air fryer?
No one doesn’t want to do any harm to their amazing appliance such as an air fryer. But unwilling to do several things which reduce the excellence o the unit. So we are pointing here several of them to bring you more careful when you are cleaning it. Have a clear look:
- Cleaning the grease is requiring step to make this appliance’s performance excellent, but don’t be so much rough to remove them, which can damage the coating of your air fryer.
- Try to not use a dishwasher while it is not a strong spot, as the dishwasher works with high heat that corrodes this smooth coating of your nonstick cooking basket.
- Steel wool or scourers can be another reason for damaging your non-stick or Teflon surface which made a scratch on it over time and this is why experts suggest not doing them in cleaning.
- Strong detergents or alike things damages these accessories with chemical effect as they are not designed for cleaning.
- Do not submerge in water the main unit, which is definitely not to do, as this will ruin it as being an electrical appliance.
How to clean an air fryer
Literally, cleaning of air fryer takes a minute if you know well where you should start and which steps come one after another. So, follow our instructions which will be helpful in the process of how to clean an air fryer fast and deeply.
What you will need
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Non-abrasive sponge
- Damp cotton or microfiber cloth
- Dry and clean cloth
Here are the simple instructions to reach the of ultimate cleaning of your air fryer.
- Turn off the unit:
If you have completed your cooking a few seconds back shut down the cooking appliance and disconnect this from electric power connection and leave it for 30 minutes to cool down which helps to remove the basket, rack and pan from the main unit to move to the next level.
- Initial cleaning for inside and outside:
Deep cleaning included inner and outer proper cleaning both inner and outer as you did not do this same process usually. With damp cotton or microfiber cloth and dish soap, wipe down the outside of your air fryer, and use hot water with a non-abrasive sponge to wide down the inside of the machine. Don be aggressive in this section.
- Heating element cleaning:
By the same non-abrasive sponge, wipe down the heating elements by turning the appliance upside and down.
- Fight against dried residue food:
If you have really hard stacked residue of food that does not come out from the main appliance whether it is inside, outside or heating element you should use a paste made with baking soda and water. Then pour the paste directly on the hard spot and gently scrub with a non-abrasive sponge and wipe down with a microfiber or cotton cloth.
- Clean the accessories:
We always suggest following the customer manual when you want to clean them. The modern air fryer comes with most of the dishwasher-safe parts for effortless cleaning, by simply loading and running the machine for automatic cleaning. Otherwise, remove the basket, pans, and others and wash with hot sappy water. If there have any pieces with stubborn grease, soak this for ten minutes with hot before starting scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge for ensuring perfect cleaning. Even after this, there is a little mark of grease to repeat the same process once again.
- Dry all the parts and main unit:
Use a damp, soft cloth to wipe down the exterior and inner of the main unit. And wait a few hours to completely dry out the removal parts and wipe away from them with a clean cotton cloth.
Tips for better cleaning of air fryer
- Use the standard position of aluminum foil to get rid of gunky
- Put half lemon juice on a sticky pan and wait for 20 mins for magical cleaning.
- Use a degreaser and BBQ cleaner, which are very effective to clean this.
- You can go with hot water and vinegar mixtures submerged and soaked.
- Power washer can be reliable to break the strong grease build.
How often air fryer need to clean?
There is no fixed time after those you should follow to clean your air fryer, but we are suggesting two ways that you can take to make long-lasting with a high performance of your magical cooking appliance.
After each use: This is the most time-saving and intellectual way to keep clean your air fryer. Whenever you used this unit tray to wipe down with a damp soft cloth for outer parts and soapy water with a cloth for the inner cooking area,
Literally speaking this is not so hard and time-consuming as actually your thinking. Of course, you should include all the basket trays and pans with this process or drop them into the dishwasher if they are dishwasher safe.
After several time uses: If you follow the previous methods and clean your air fryer after each use, these steps need not be essential at all. But checking the heating element is the most important factor which comes with this stage. As this step is hard to follow on each day.
So if you found any oil and food particles in the heating coil, wait for until the machine cools and wide it with a damp cloth to conform best cooking with the least power. As it would be very hard if this makes a layer of them. One more thing you should remember when you cooked food like bacon, you must do this step.
How can you maintain your air fryer?
Though cleaning can properly prevent your this cooking appliance damage from oil mess and lots of grease building, but other factors also come with when it comes there maintaining required things. Make your cooking accessory does not adhere to the heating elements.
Another most important matter which can decrease this unit efficiency is when you are overfilling your cooking basket, it makes a hindrance to circulating the hot air perfectly. For this reason, your food will not cook properly and finally ruin the food.
Furthermore, extensive grease and food particles are stuck onto the heating element and damage it gradually. You should dry the removal part and main unit when you have cleaned them and store in a clean and dry place in its original box to get them well conditioning at the time of reassembling.
Why you should remove the grease from the air fryer?
Lots of conveniences comes to you with an air fryer with it magical efficiency, but if you leave all the dirty grease which comes out from fried food items several times. This makes clean is a task while ruining the taste of making food with a mixing of odor.
While you start cooking with them this grease also get heated as a result it takes more time to complete the cooking. So correctly removing of the saves your cooking time, you more energy costing, ensure an excellent taste of food and finally the efficiency of the machine.
How can you clean air fryer within minutes?
Okay, maybe you are thinking the writer is going to be mad about which task takes hours and lots of attempts. But I am taking this with proper senses. If you build a good habit to clean them every time when you use them when most of the air fryer comes with dishwasher-safe parts and faster damp cloth wipes down for leaving no oil mess.
As a result, there will be no stubborn and bad spots to hard cleaning. So, let’s count the time to fast wipe down and through the fifty parts of this machine into the washer takes only one minute.
This is all about our instructions and tips on how to clean air fryer. We have got together every single point which can be a reason of dirty air fryer and would be a matter of distasteful food and lots of time to waste to get rid of this stubborn spot and disgusting build-up grease.
We make this easy and straightforward to ensure your breezy cleaning of this appliance. We know you also have several unique ways and ideas to clean your air fryer, and we will be happy if you share them with us by leaving them in the comment box. Thanks for reading!