Last updated on November 10th, 2022 at 11:14 pm
A thoroughly clean home is comfortable and safe. It smells fresh and feels hospitable. Reaching high standards of cleanliness at home is possible but not easy for most people. Some people lack adequate time for cleaning and others do not have the expertise. Also, most households have basic cleaning aids that hardly remove all dirt.
Hence, every family needs the assistance of a professional house cleaning service a few times a year. The best company has a professional cleaning checklist.
What is a Professional House Cleaning Checklist?
The top reason for hiring a professional is that most of us miss some areas when cleaning. None of us expect a professional to make the same mistake. And they cannot because they have a house cleaning checklist. It is a list of everything that constitutes their service. Generally, a checklist looks like this:
- Carpet and floor vacuuming
- Mopping and sweeping
- Wiping windows, ledges, and sills
- Cleaning light fixtures, door knobs, and related appliances
- Thorough cleaning of kitchen cabinets,
- countertops, and appliances
- Dishwashing on request
- Swapping your linen only on request
- Washing and sanitizing the toilet
- Cleaning the bathtub, shower, and sinks
- Emptying the trash bins.
A Room-By-Room Cleaning Service
Professional cleaning companies are organized and thorough. They can be more systematic when cleaning than an ordinary person. They have a list of cleaning duties they will do in each room. As a customer, you choose the package you can afford. All packages are unique, meaning that some provide more features than others. When it comes to room cleaning work, you should expect the following activities.
A cleaning checklist for the kitchen features a few vital activities. We all understand that the kitchen should be germ-free because of food preparation. A professional home cleaner can help improve kitchen sanitation by doing the following basic activities:
- Scrubbing the floor
- Washing tables and chairs
- Cleaning the front side of the kitchen cabinet
- Wiping different appliances while ensuring safety
- Removing dust from the window sills
- Polishing and disinfecting your backsplash, countertops, and sinks
- Cleaning your stove and its components
- Removing spots from kitchen walls and door frames
- Cleaning knobs and handles.
- Removing the trash from the bins.
A bathroom is a high-traffic area and can be a haven for bacteria and dirt. Professional cleaners are sometimes the only hope to organize and deep-clean the bathroom. They usually provide a detailed cleaning house checklist for the bathroom. It entails the following activities:
- Scrubbing bathtub and tiled surfaces
- Wiping and polishing water faucets and other fixtures
- Sanitizing the countertop and toilet
- Dusting the window sills
- Mopping and scrubbing the floor
- Polishing your bathroom mirrors
- Cleaning bathroom shower screen
- Folding your bathing towels and throwing the dirty ones in the laundry basket
- Deep-clean and sterilize your sinks
- Empty your trash basket.
A bedroom is a private space where we find solace and rest. Some of us have small bedrooms and many items we keep there. As a result, decongesting the bedroom can be difficult or even boring. Even spacious bedrooms require systematic cleaning to remove all dirt. A professional house cleaning service checklist with the following tasks can help.
- Cleaning and dusting appliances such as your bedside lamp
- Dusting your bed and door frames
- Wiping your bedroom furniture to remove dust
- Changing your bed linen
- Vacuuming your floors
- Dusting the window sills and baseboards
- Removing dirty clothes
- Wiping your light switches and mirrors
- Removing cobwebs.
As we all know, the living room is a communal space. Everyone in the house spends time in the living room as it is a relaxing area. Hence, it needs to stay clean and neat and have proper lighting. The best professional cleaning checklist for the living room entails the following:
- Dust your ceiling, door frames, light switches, and woodwork
- Clean and wipe your floor and table lamps and lampshades
- Wiping photograph frames
- Clean your furniture to remove dust and stains
- Vacuum your sofas, upholstered chairs, and throw pillows
- Scrub your floors, including careful tile cleaning
- Wash the hallway and staircases
- Vacuum your carpets and rugs
- Polish your hardwood surfaces and windowsills
- Wipe off the dust from your baseboards, TV, woofer, and other entertainment equipment
- Water your houseplants
- Rearrange your living room to look neat and clean
- Empty your dustbin.
Other Vital Tasks You Should Do
After cleaning all the rooms, the work is not over yet. Professional house cleaners will do other essential activities in all areas of your home. They must do the final touches before leaving or demanding their share. They must go back one last time and do the following activities:
- Remove trash bins from all rooms and take them outside
- Clean the rugs one last time
- Vacuum your floors
- Mop any hardwood flooring and leave it spotless
- Wide up and leave.
Sometimes the cleaners provide a deep cleaning service to a new client. They do it freely to retain the client and get future work from them. Finding such a reliable service provider is easy with the assistance of a reputable property management company.
Later on, the company will do a deep cleaning on request and in exchange for some money. It entails a more meticulous cleaning strategy and consumes more time and physical energy. The professionals will use their knowledge and expertise to clean electronics, microwaves, dishwashers, stovetops, etc.
Instead of cleaning only the front of the cabinets, they will remove things and scrub the storage space. They will not only empty the trash bins. They will empty, clean, and sanitize garbage bins and compost bins. It also entails scrubbing all surfaces to remove stains and restore sheen.
As you search for the best professional to hire, consider cleaning checklists for all rooms. Ensure each list is detailed to get value for your cash. Locate the most trustworthy and reputable company online and seek assistance from property managers. They know the best professional cleaners in your locality.