Table of Content
- Ultimate List of Best Mini Crib Mattress
- Best Mini Crib Mattress Reviews
- 1. Sealy Baby Mini Crib Mattress:
- 2. Graco Toddler Mini Crib Mattress:
- 3. Graco Toddler Mini Crib Mattress:
- 4. Pickle & Pumpkin Mini Crib Mattress:
- 5. Memory Mini Crib Mattress:
- 6. Milliard Mini Crib Mattress:
- 7. American Baby Mini Crib Mattress :
- 8. Dream On Me Mini Crib Mattress:
- 9. Milliard Hypoallergenic Baby Mini Crib Mattress :
- 10. Jersey Knit Fitted Mini Crib Mattress:
- Things Consider Before Buying Best Mini Crib Mattress
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a mini crib mattress?
- What is a standard mini crib mattress size?
- What are the types of mini crib mattresses?
- What is the difference between a mini crib mattress and a twin bed mattress?
- What is the weight limit for a mini crib?
- How do I know if my crib will fit my mattress?
- What is the best mini crib mattress?
- What are the benefits of using a mini crib mattress?
- What is the best way to clean a mini crib mattress?
- How does a mini crib mattress cost?
- Where to buy a mini crib mattress?
- Final Thought About Best Mini Crib Mattress
Welcoming a baby into this earth is priceless but you need to be extra careful when taking care of them especially in the first few months of their life. Believe it or not, the most important time you need to take care of and look out after your baby is during sleep.
A statistic did in recent years found that 2500 babies died only in the United States in their sleep just because of their poor quality mattresses.
The cause of these baby deaths is suffocating in their sleep. This mainly has to do with where the baby sleeps. Usually, mothers think that they should buy a soft mattress for their baby, so they can sleep well and comfortably.
But that is very wrong and buying a soft mattress for your baby can sometimes lead to these kinds of dangerous situations.
To avoid these situations as much as possible we are going to mention some of the best mini crib mattresses out there and inform you about what material and the level of firmness a baby mattress should be in order to have a healthy and well developing baby.
Ultimate List of Best Mini Crib Mattress
The popularity of the mini crib has skyrocketed in recent years, which often leads parents to wonder what size mattress they should purchase for their new sleeping arrangement.
Recent studies suggest that a standard twin mattress will work best in a mini crib, though many parents prefer to purchase an even smaller mattress that better accommodates their baby’s needs.
The Ultimate List of Best Mini Crib Mattress was created to help people find the perfect fit for their new space.
Best Mini Crib Mattress Reviews
While buying a mini crib mattress, you have to consider various important things. It should basically, provide you with good quality, great features, and durability, without blowing your budget.
If you’re hesitant about how to buy such a mini crib mattress, then don’t worry. Below, we quickly review the best mini crib mattress for your baby on amazon to buy.
1. Sealy Baby Mini Crib Mattress:
- Foam-core made of soybean
- Waterproof crib mattress
- It does not collect dust and bacteria onto its surface. Easily cleanable.
- CentiPur certified.
The most used baby crib mattress in the USA is definitely the Sealy Crib Mattress. This high-quality crib mattress is made of soybean foam.
This soybean builds up the foam-core of the baby’s mattress and it makes the mattress light and gives it the firmness it needs for your baby to sleep comfortably and also not be in danger.
The foam is also CentiPur certified meaning that it has passed all the testing and verified that the foam is not made out of lead, formaldehyde, phthalates, mercury, TCEP, TDCPP, or PBDEs flame retardants.
The mattress cover is anti-stain and does not collect dust or any kind of bacteria to its surface, it easily comes off by just wiping it. This crib mattress is also waterproof meaning that any liquid that gets on the mattress does not get sucked into it.
This definitely is a crib mattress you need to be considering because not only is it high-quality but it is also breathable, durable and crib fit.
- It does not suck in water or dust
- It is crib fit and fits crib perfectly
- The firmness of the mattress is on point so the baby can sleep comfortably
- If you unpackage it late if will have a hard time to expand
- The zipper of the cover can get ruined if it is not washed properly
2. Graco Toddler Mini Crib Mattress:
- Waterproof lining
- Made of microfiber fabric
- Slightly padded for comfort during sleep
- Noise-free for when moving.
Specifically designed for pack and play mini crib mattresses, this is one of the most durable and best mattress covers you can ask for. This mattress cover uses very durable and strong threads designed to not tear up easily.
The lining is waterproof and its high-quality material makes it very long-lasting, even after you have washed it hundreds of times.
This cover’s soft material comes from the microfiber fabric it is made of and the lining protects your mattress at any time from the outside world so it does not get ruined.
This baby crib mattress cover is perfect if you want your baby to have a cozy and peaceful night of sleep.
This cover is slightly padded to support the baby while sleeping and does not make clumpy noises while the baby moves around.
- This cover does not let the mattress get ruined
- It can go through the wash and dry process for more than 300 times and still be like brand new
- This cover can fit various portable cribs
- Smells a bit like plastic after the first wash
- It is thin and not so thick
3. Graco Toddler Mini Crib Mattress:
- Fits any standard size crib
- Comes in two pieces; the mattress cover and the mattress
- The cover is hand washed with cold water
- Certified by GREENGUARD.
If you want an easy to clean and waterproof mattress for your baby then we got the best mini crib mattress for you. This mattress comes rolled up in a lightweight box and should be unrolled within two weeks of shipping to maintain its form.
The mattress is made out of two parts, the softcover which is waterproof can be easily removed from the second part of this piece (the mattress), and can be hand washed with cold water.
Avoid bleach or any washing supply that is too harsh because it may ruin your mattress cover. Dry naturally and then you are ready to put it on the mattress and let your baby sleep in a cozy and clean bed.
Do not worry about something dangerous happening to your baby during their sleep because the firmness of this mattress is designed for your baby’s safety.it is made to allow the airflow to its maximum.
It is also tested for safety and it is sure to say that this mini crib mattress is free of toxic and chemical substances, it is even certified by GREENGUARED for its safety. This mattress fits any standard size crib.
- The firmness of the mattress makes it safe for the baby to sleep
- The breathable material easily lets airflow to keep the baby cool and fresh
- It has an easy to clean cover
- If you unpack it late if will have a hard time to expand
- The zipper of the cover can get ruined if it is not washed properly
4. Pickle & Pumpkin Mini Crib Mattress:
- Comes in 2 packs
- Material is made of organic cotton
- Hypoallergenic and waterproof sheets
- Breathable and light consistency.
If you are looking for the best mattress sheets for your baby’s crib mattress then we go one that might satisfy you.
These sheets are made out of the best material for your baby. They are fully made out of organic cotton which keeps your baby soft and warm for them to have the most soothing sleep and are also waterproof.
They are easily washed and dried and designed to be hypoallergenic. Do not use bleach or any harsh chemicals to wash the sheets because it makes them wear out and not last long.
Do not even worry about the sheets getting too small and shrinking after you wash them because they are designed to retain their size for a long time.
Not only you can buy these sheets for yourself but you can also buy them as a gift thanks to the very elegant package they come in probably for a friend who is soon welcoming their baby.
- The material is super soft for the baby’s sensitive skin
- Are easy to wash and dry
- They come in a decorated package making them a perfect gift.
- Does not fit all mini crib mattresses
5. Memory Mini Crib Mattress:
- Made of polyurethane material
- Certified by CPSC and CertiPur
- Comes in two pieces, the cover, and mattress
- Waterproof design.
Made out of polyurethane foam this great mini crib mattress has the firmness and flexibility it needs for your baby to sleep safe and sound.
You don’t have to worry about this mattress being even a bit toxic because it meets all standards and has passed all tests for safety.
It is anti-microbial, mite-proof, lead-free, and phthalate-free. This high-quality mini crib mattress is CPSC approved and certified by CertiPur for its outstanding natural and safe design. The mattress comes in two pieces, the cover, and the mattress.
The cover is easy to remove and easy to wash. It also is waterproof so the mattress does not get ruined.
- The cover is easy to wash and clean
- It has no odor or chemical smell to it
- Does not create noise when the baby moves around.
- Sometimes you need to wait up to 72 hours for the mattress to expand after shipment
- It does not fit all cribs well.
6. Milliard Mini Crib Mattress:
- Double-sided baby mattress.
- 100% cotton material
- Smartly designed foam to support the baby’s neck and back
- Waterproof cover.
This unique mini crib mattress has something you need for your baby asap. The mattress is double-sided. One side of it is more firm for newborns to prevent them from danger and the other side is softer for toddlers.
The double-sided construction makes this mattress last you long and you do not need to change it again for when your baby becomes bigger and wants a softer surface because here you have it.
The foam layer of the mattress is designed to support your baby’s neck and back while sleeping making them sleep comfortably and safely.
You do not even have to worry about the material also, because the cover of the mattress is made out of 100% cotton which makes the mattress feel really smooth and soft.
The cover is easily washed and is waterproofed material to keep the mattress from getting ruined.
- The double-sided mattress makes it last longer
- The mattress supports the baby while sleeping to prevent them from danger
- It is very soft for the baby to sleep on.
- The cover of the mattress gets ruined if you do not wash properly as instructed.
7. American Baby Mini Crib Mattress :
- Made of 100% cotton
- Easy to wash material
- Comes in 2 packs
- Waterproof layer.
Does your baby often make little accidents during the night and leave the mattress all dirty and smelly? Well, that is not a problem anymore because we have involved the best mini crib mattress pad on our list to keep your mattress away from damage and hard-to-wash stains.
These pads come in two pieces to be replaceable for when one of the pads is getting washed. The material is very soft because it is made of 100% cotton, this also makes sure that no disturbing noise is heard while the baby moves during the night.
When these pads become dirty just take them off the mattress and put them in the washer, it is that easy.
- The pads are easy to take care of and fits standard size cribs
- Gives the mattress a little more cushion.
- The pads shrink if washed with warm water
- Might get a few stitches out if not taken care of properly.
8. Dream On Me Mini Crib Mattress:
- Made of 90% foam and 10% vinyl
- Designed for babies 6+ months
- Made in the USA
- Waterproof and anti-bacterial material.
Made in the USA, out of 90% foam and10% vinyl this great mini crib mattress if the perfect mattress that your baby needs. This baby crib mattress is for babies only 6 months and more because the material is softer.
This mattress is great because it is designed to be waterproof, antibacterial, anti-mold, and of course it is 100% odorless. This product is tested for flammability and has passed all tests including for toxicity. So we can say that this is a safe mini crib mattress.
- It is soft and keeps your baby cozy
- Does not have an odor
- It does not make noise when the baby moves.
- Fuzz can come out of it from time to time
- If not unpack as soon as possible it might get a crease in the middle.
9. Milliard Hypoallergenic Baby Mini Crib Mattress :
- Has the recommended amount of firmness
- Waterproof material
- Is designed for babies and toddlers
- Tested for safety.
This high-quality crib mattress cover is designed for your baby to have full comfort and also safety. The foam is created to be as firm as it is recommended for a baby or toddler to sleep on.
This mattress cover is easy to clean, waterproof, and anti-mold. This will keep your baby healthy and safe. You do not have to worry about no harsh chemicals held by this bed because it is tested and proven safe.
- The cover is very easy to clean
- It provides the baby with a comfortable sleep.
- Has a plastic smell when you first buy it.
10. Jersey Knit Fitted Mini Crib Mattress:
- Comes in 3 sheets
- Comes in a variety of designs you can choose from
- Made by 100% cotton
- Soft and warm material.
If you want a soft mini crib mattress cover you might like this one. Made by 100% cotton it assures your baby will sleep soundly on it. It is easy to put on the mattress and to remove.
It is also easy to wash. You can choose a lot of different styles and designs when purchasing the cover. You do not have to worry about the baby being cold on his back because thanks to this mattress cover it warms your baby throughout his sleep.
- This product keeps your baby warm throughout the cold nights
- Coming in three pieces makes it easy to replace a dirty cover by a clean one
- If not washed as instructed the cover will become thin or will rip.
Things Consider Before Buying Best Mini Crib Mattress
We are listed some of the best mini crib mattresses and covers in the market, from the best material to quality of firmness to easiest to wash. But before you are ready to buy a mattress you really need to know what crossed the line and make a mini mattress become dangerous for the baby.
Since infant babies are underdeveloped and very sensitive choosing the best mattress out there is very important for the well-being of your baby. Here are some steps you need to know before buying a mattress for your baby.
Firmness of the mattress:
When choosing the mattress you always got to study its firmness. The baby mattress needs to be exceptionally stiff in order for the baby to develop its bones and not risk suffocating.
If you buy a soft mattress for your baby this might increase the chance of your baby suffocating during its sleep and also the bones of the baby do not harden.
Make sure the mattress is breathable and light for your baby to not have any risk of suffocation and trouble breathing during sleep.
There are mattress covers out there that do support your baby’s neck and back while sleeping. We have even mentioned a few on our list of the best mini crib mattresses.
Safety of the Crib Mattress:
Another important thing you should be aware of when picking a mini crib mattress for your baby is the level of harsh chemicals and the level of flammability the mattress has.
In modern days mattresses are created to be toxic-free and anti-flammable, but not all of them are like this. So when choosing a mattress for your baby be sure that these mattresses are tested and approved.
Your baby’s health in the long term is determined by the quality of the mattress, so I recommend you buy an expensive mattress because as the saying goes; better safe than sorry. Apart from that, you want the mattress foam to last long right?
Well, it is best to get the cover water-resistant, anti-mold, and anti-bacterial, this means that if water or if the baby accidentally urinates in the mattress the liquid will not access the foam part of the mattress because if that happens the mattress will smell horrible.
Being anti-mold and anti-bacterial means that the cover is not prone to letting mold form or it does not attach the bacteria onto the surface.
By this, you do not have to worry about the baby getting seriously ill or worse than they will get. Another thing you have to worry about is the size of the mattress in comparison to the crib.
If the crib is bigger than the mattress then you have to stick on the two-finger rule, this is a rule everyone should know about the space between the mattress and the crib.
Simply try to easily put two fingers in the space between the mattress and the crib and it space easily fits two fingers or can probably fit, even more, then this can be dangerous for your baby.
If the mattress does have such a space apart from the crib then the baby could get their limbs stuck inside the space and because of their delicate bones could even get seriously injured.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a mini crib mattress?
A mini crib mattress is a mattress that is smaller than the standard size. It is designed for the mini cribs that are available, which are typically about 3 feet wide. They can be used in cribs, playpens, and bassinets.
What is a standard mini crib mattress size?
A standard mini crib mattress is much smaller than a full-sized crib. But it does the job just perfect for your baby. the dimensions of the crib are 38-inches long and 24-inches wide.
What are the types of mini crib mattresses?
There are four types of mini crib mattresses. Memory foam, innerspring, latex, and polyester. Memory foam is the most popular type of mattress for a mini crib because it provides the best support for the baby’s developing spine.
Innerspring mattresses are also popular because they provide a softer feel than memory foam. Latex mattresses are usually more expensive than other types of mattresses but they have good durability and longevity.
What is the difference between a mini crib mattress and a twin bed mattress?
A mini crib mattress is designed for a smaller baby, and a twin bed mattress is designed for an older child. A twin mattress is usually longer and wider than a mini crib mattress.
What is the weight limit for a mini crib?
The twin bed is made for kids up to seniors. The bed is not recommended to be used for infants or toddlers. The best age for a child to start using a twin bed frame is at the age of 5.
How do I know if my crib will fit my mattress?
Before purchasing the mattress you need to see if the dimensions of it correspond to the dimensions of your crib. And always check if you are able to send the purchase back if it does not fit properly in the crib.
What is the best mini crib mattress?
The best mini crib mattress is one that fits the dimensions of your crib. Mattresses are typically made to fit standard size cribs, so you should be able to find one that will fit yours with some searching.
What are the benefits of using a mini crib mattress?
A mini crib mattress is a great way to provide a safe and comfortable sleep surface for a baby. The size of the mattress is perfect for a baby’s tiny body, and the softness of the material will help them stay cool throughout the night.
What is the best way to clean a mini crib mattress?
The best way to clean a mini crib mattress is with a vacuum cleaner and a wet rag. If the mattress is too small to fit in the vacuum, use a dry rag and wipe it down.
How does a mini crib mattress cost?
A mini crib mattress typically costs around $40-$50, depending on the retailer and type of mattress.
Where to buy a mini crib mattress?
There are a number of places to buy a mini crib mattress. You can find them at major retailers such as Target and Walmart, or online at sites like Amazon.
Final Thought About Best Mini Crib Mattress
After we have given you a list of some of the best mini crib mattresses out there and have informed you about what mattress is best for your baby, we hope that you will make the right decision when finally purchasing your own mattress for your baby.
It is important to get informed about the safety of your baby and to do what is in your power as their caretaker to keep them away from danger.
Making a decision about buying a mattress is very important because of your baby’s development, well-being, and health all depending on the long hours of sleep they will take on the mattress. Make sure you buy a well-fitted crib mattress and that it is cotton material and firm.
A baby is delicate and also has very sensitive skin and you have to be careful with what you surround them. you definitely do not want your little one to be in danger while sleeping but rather have a safe and cozy slumber.